Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Strength in numbers


I've contemplated writing this update because I dont want to cause any undue worry, but I've finally decided that there is strength in numbers and I am hoping to get a little of this worry off my chest with each tap of my fingers on the keyboard.

I have butterflies in my stomach. For the past week or so, Josh has been having on-again-off-again headaches. That in itself might not give me too much worry, but he has also been having vision problems which he will describe as 'blindness', but try to get a 5-year old to describe what that means! He says it means he cant see TV for a minute. He cant clarify if it is blurriness, blackness or dizziness. He has also complained of noises hurting his ears. On top of all that, and this might be purely coincidental, we found a wart on his finger the other day. Which could be from being immuno-compromised, but his counts normally run high.

Josh was scheduled to go to Pittsburgh tomorrow, but after talking to his doctor, they have postponed his appointment until Thursday so that they can schedule him for a diagnostic spinal tap (no chemo). They will be checking for a central nervous system (CNS) relapse.

As I said earlier, there is power in numbers, so if you feel inclined, can you please pray for a clean spinal tap this coming Thursday.

We appreciate the messages left in his guestbook, so take a minute and say hello or leave a prayer. Josh does love us reading them to him.

I will keep you updated. Love you all!

No comments: