Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday Baby Boy...
Happy Birthday to you!!!

I can hardly believe that my little man is 6 years old already!!! Things are in full swing here preparing for his party. He is excited - albeit a little confused blur

Last night, ironically enough, he was still up when the clock struck twelve. We all started to wish him a happy birthday and he was quick to tell us it wasnt his birthday yet. We tried to explain the next day/midnight rule but he didnt seem to comprehend - to a 5 year old - Um... I mean 6 year old, the next day doesnt happen until after you fall asleep.

But this morning Josh got a phone call from my mother wishing him a happy birthday and again he insisted it wasnt his birthday. He says his birthday isnt "for 2 more sleeps" (that how he counts his tomorrows).

You think that a growing boy would be more than willing to have TWO birthdays, but Josh is a rare breed.

He's been receiving mail all week from family around the country, from Florida to California and everywhere in between! I love to see his enthusiasm. He loves it all from the stickers you are putting on the outside of the envelopes to the cards and well wishes inside. One of the cards had a singing message inside and he thought it was the greatest thing!! I think we were singing the song in our sleep that night siul I found myself hoping the battery would go dead - LOL - just kidding of course. Thanks to everyone who has sent cards! He loved to steal the stickers off the envelopes and put them all over his body. I took plenty of pictures to share with everyone and will post them after his party. I cant believe how many of you remembered how much he enjoys stickers! I cant believe 3 years later he still has an infatuation with stickers!

For those of you that are coming to the party, see ya in two days, and for those of you who can not make it - I will be sure to write in detail and include lots of photos of the celebration!!!

31 days since his last chemo pill!!!!

Which reminds me... this months visit to Pittsburgh went well. It was weird not getting any IV meds, they even put us in a different room this month, but it was "super sweet" not having to worry about this month's side effects. Which I have to mention - Josh's appetite has already increased to much it is unbelievable. For the last 3 years his appetite has been so picky and plain, that we just got used to it being Josh - but we are now seeing him eat different things - the other night we had hamburgers and he actually ate one! It probably sounds weird to be happy your son ate a hamburger, but I love knowing his taste buds are coming back!!!

It's the simple things!

No comments: